If you’re the type to hit both the skin track and the resort and you want a jacket that thrives in both arenas, the Black Diamond Men’s Recon Stretch Shell Jacket is worth a serious look. Made from a 4-way stretch woven material, this jacket gives you the comfort you’d get from a softshell along with storm protection you’d expect from a hardshell. It’s enhanced with a full range of functional on-hill features, like a removable powder skirt, internal drop pockets for climbing skins, and a dedicated lift pass pocket at the left forearm. The upshot is that you get all of the benefits of a hardshell jacket in a package that’s less restrictive in milder conditions, and that means this might end up replacing more than one jacket in your gear closet.
- Stretchy 3-layer shell jacket delivers freedom of motion and total storm protection
- BD.dry™ membrane is waterproof, windproof, and breathable
- 4-way stretch shell fabric enhances mobility
- Helmet-compatible hood for additional storm protection
- Pass pocket on sleeve keeps you zipping through automated corrals
- Full-length pit zips help you fine tune your warmth
- Fully seam taped to block out heavy precipitation